Monday, May 3, 2010

The Eagle Departs Another Nest

The day came.

We all knew that it would come.

…I just don’t think any of us expected it to come as soon as it did.

My last day in Leeton consisted of Goodbyes. Woke up, did the usual morning routine. Then went to Maccas for the last time where we met up with other members of the family.

After Maccas almost everyone decided to come back to the house so that I could still fellowship with everyone but also get my laundry done at the same time. Which is about the time I snapped this amazingly hilarious shot:
Photobucket

Yes yes, Grandma Eunice playing Adam in airhocky, great fun to watch.

Then the fun ended, everyone went home, and my laundry was near completion, Adam and I took a run to the store to pick up some wine. Then I took my last drive through town. Got back to the house, and started sorting all my possessions. Deciding what I would take back with me and what to leave behind. I had an opportunity to teach Adam about ties and how to tie one.

Photobucket

Then, I of course had to say goodbye to “Harrison”, my loaned car for my time in Leeton:
Photobucket

The family and I had our last meal together, which was very fittingly: Kangaroo roast. I never ate sweet potatoes before I came to Australia. Now, my Thanksgivings will be more enriched because of my time down here.

As the hands of the clock moved and 2200 approached… we packed into the van and left for the bus stop. Twas not long of a wait for the bus. It came promptly and perfectly on schedule.

Then… I got on board…

I managed to not cry until I was entirely out of sight of the family.

It lasted until we had driven through Yanco and then…

Hard to explain how I am.

It was sad until I had to get on board the bus and when it first got moving. Once it was actually in motion however, and once we had gone a bit of distance… it was no longer “I’m Leaving Leeton” it instantly became, “I’m going to Sydney”.

It may seem like I just have a switch that I can flip, but it actually was really hard to say bye to them.

Once again words fail me…


To quote the band Semi-sonic in their song “Closing Time”

“Every new beginning comes from some other beginning’s end…”

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe in free speech, but, come on people, let's display a proper level of Netiquette