Friday, May 14, 2010

Life on the Streets: Day 4 – Part 2

Day: Friday
Time: 2035
Location: Circular Quay – Wharf 4

Photobucket


I know this sounds sexist, don’t care, but I am REALLY surprised at how many new female dock hands the ferries have now. They must have lifted a ban or something. I don’t remember like ANY the last two times I was in town.

P.S. half way point of Journal 1



------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Day: Friday
Time: 2042
Location: Circular Quay – Wharf 4


Any of you who think me using Dr. House as an analogy is funny… you should buy me a cane.

OHhhhwwwwaaarrrRRGggrr…

The pain is spreading through my femur and surrounding muscle. The weight and stress of compensating is beginning to take a toll on my left heel now also. I might spend the whole night at Darling Harbor.

Just realized I forgot to get a new box while at Noonas.

Might try my luck with day time tourists at Darling Harbor tomorrow and/or ferry between Darling Harbor and Opera House to compare crowd size.



------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Day: Friday
Time: 2209
Location: Harbor Side – Darling Harbor

Photobucket


Need to either stay here all night OR… I don’t know what…

Had a nice interesting talk with a high blond girl who was drinking at Circular Quay and on the ferry. I’m proud to report, I passed up the temptation. Though in hind sight, as much as I agree with the decision I made, a place to sleep would’ve been nice. It was also nice talking to someone who didn’t think of me as a homeless bum, but rather the well tanned cute guy who lit her cigarette.

I’ve noticed I’ve spent so much time on ferries that my head’s ability to balance is slightly off. It could be the dehydration through that you would think I would have done something about by now.

If I find Marvin tomorrow, I’m going to follow, track, and observe him (just like a scientist). See if I can use him to spark a conversation with someone I can understand.



------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Day: Friday
Time: 2307
Location: Darling Harbor – Near IMAX

Photobucket


This place is happening. Just watched a really good street performer. If I had money, I’d give him someone. It takes a lot of talent to be a good street performer.

I noticed that I’m the only homeless person in Darling Harbor. Maybe I should stick to the rest of the city. Maybe I will spend a night in the Cross tomorrow night. With my ankle the way it is, I’m going to spend the night here and try my luck with the daytime tourists tomorrow.



------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Day: Saturday
Time: 0018
Location: Darling Harbor - Outside Sydney Convention Center

Photobucket


Have gone on small expedition to the South a few meter to the Chinese gardens which is the western edge of Chinatown.

This place shows no sign of slowing down. I’m going to come next Friday when I’m not homeless.



------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Day: Saturday
Time: 0147
Location: Darling Harbor – Wharf 6

Photobucket


Took a short lap around Chinese garden again. Back to people watching.

Ankle was feeling better but wore it out again.



------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Day: Saturday
Time: 0239
Location: Darling Harbor – Sydney Convention Center

Photobucket


I don’t think Darling Harbor sleeps. This is the latest I’ve been here. The other nights I always went north. Wish I was in the club talking about the “lil shorties” and how they “be like fire burnin” instead of talking about injured ankles and how “I be” freezing cold.

Sydney quite obviously wants to maintain Darling Harbor’s touristy feel. In addition to the lack of homeless, I have also noticed the abundance of security patrol and part rangers. I might go watch the sunrise at Manly today and try my picture taking begging idea again BUT! at the Opera House itself, not simply on the road to it that overlooks it.



------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Day: Saturday
Time: 0257
Location: Harbor Side Darling Harbor – Stairwell

Photobucket


Found warm area in Harbor Side to relax in.

Not comfortable, but warm.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe in free speech, but, come on people, let's display a proper level of Netiquette