Friday, May 14, 2010

Life on the Streets: Day 1 – Part 1

Day: Tuesday
Time: 1417
Location: Roslyn & Darlinghurst
Photobucket


I have been homeless for a little more than a ¼ hour.

I swung by Noonas to see Masar. First disappointment of being homeless… No Masar. I got an order of chips and two Pepsis to calm my nervous.

I hate to admit it… my hands are shaking as I write this.

I can already tell the boringness will be hard.

I am on a bench near a café. People watching and fighting pidgins away from my chips.

Mims – I just saw a guy with one of the shirts I almost got (“Get real!” “Be rational!” argument one)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Day: Tuesday
Time: 1435
Location: Macleay & Manning

Photobucket

Came across a “fellow” beggar but in a wheel chair.

Considered stopping and talking but it did not seem right.

I’m to clean still.

I know I must stop and talk to some but this just did not seem opportune.

ALSO: found a hookah bar.


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Day: Tuesday
Time: 1444
Location: Macleay & Rockwell

Photobucket

Made last purchase while still clean. Batteries for camera. Want to find pocket knife of some kind.


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Day: Tuesday
Time: 1504
Location: Near Botanical Gardens on Boardwalk


Photobucket


ANDREW!!!

The David & Goliath boats from last year are still here!


Photobucket



------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Day: Tuesday
Time: 1525
Location: Outside the Opera House


Photobucket


On the walk over here, I decided, I need to not smile as much. Also, I should probably hunch/slouch to get the proper look. Ii have very good posture usually so I tend to stand straight.

I’m afraid I’m growing more cynical by the moment, so many couples around and I’m getting discussed by all the cuteness. I also wish I had made friends with the three cute Argentinean girls at the hostel before I left instead of just giving them travel tips.

Good Lord it’s hot out right now.



------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Day: Tuesday
Time: 1558
Location: Circular Quay Dock 5

Photobucket


People watching while I wait for ferry. First time I’ve been on water in five months (roadtrip to Adelaide).

Found pidgin with stumps for legs and another one with one stump and one broken foot.

Photobucket

Photobucket


Japanese woman in front of me just freaked out seeing “Pirate pidgin”.

Also near me:
To left
Hot blonde reading magazine
Mother with daughter in the cutest lil dress and pony tail that really makes me miss Lindsey & Sonia
To right
Old woman and ferry


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Day: Tuesday
Time: 1608
Location: Ferry in Circular Quay


Waiting to embark to Parramata.

Shoulder HURTS. Will clutch backpack and try to nap on trip.

Considering “Superman sleep schedule”
20 min. sleep every 4 hours.

Which makes me wonder…

Are homeless crazy THEN homeless?
Or homeless THEN crazy?

1 comment:

I believe in free speech, but, come on people, let's display a proper level of Netiquette