Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Operation Nova Aquila Update 5

For those who don’t know, that is what I have decided to name my time here in Australia. My time in Leeton having been complete, I figure it’s time for the last update before my return.

Objective 1 (Lose weight): I did. Masar my Iraqi friend could not believe it was me when I got to his place for lunch. I do however think I put on a lot of muscle. In fact I might have put on more muscle than I lost fat.

Objective 2 (Find job): I was employed half the time by one employer, so, I think that one is a success.

Objective 3 (Get Ripped like Jesus): well, I gained muscle, but still have 3 inches of fat left to go, so, I am not as Ripped as Jesus, but I am WAY more ripped then Buddah.

Objective 4 (Save Money): Well just like O3 is related to O1, so O4 is to O2. But, I will say this, I’m not buying anything I shouldn’t be.

Objective 5 (House Makeover): Did one last final push in my last two weeks and completely cleared out the area in front of the completed “Swamp”.

Objective 6 (Quit Pepsico Addiction): I have had one craving that I was not able to resist, but other than that… the headaches are gone now, and I can be around people drinking soda without NEEDING one myself.

Objective 7 (Learn new life lessons): So many I might just have to write a separate blog on Objective 7. More life Lessons to come this week.

Objective 8 (See all States/Territories of Australia): Didn’t happen. I still have four left to go to be complete on another trip back.

Objective 9 (Re-learn how to ride a motorcycle): Didn’t happen. Ran out of time and did not have the resources available.

Objective 10 (Drive manual): Success! With the help of Ray’s ute on the farm and Paul and Jan allowing use of the Dawoo.

Objective 11 (Dive in the Great Barrier Reef): Didn’t happen. Ran out of time and money.

Objective 12 (See at least one other country): Didn’t happen. Ran out of time and money.

Objective 13 (Learn Estonian): Seeing as how my tutors left at the end of February… didn’t really happen. But I have retained the amount that they did teach me, so I suppose that counts for something.


Was there failure? Yes, in some ways.

Was there success? Yes, in MANY ways.

I look forward to seeing you all again in two weeks, AND remember:

“Live as if you were to die tomorrow.
Learn as if you where to live forever.”
-Mohandas Gandhi

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe in free speech, but, come on people, let's display a proper level of Netiquette