Saturday, May 1, 2010

Objective 5: The Final Battle

So Paul and I kicked some ass today.

Objective 5 of Operation Nova Aquila was “Assist in the makeover process of the house”. The last two weeks or so Paul had been doing a lot, but this being my last working day we decided to take full advantage of it and take a trip out to the dump.

To quote Pastor Dave, “I was saving that!”

A back story which is friggin hilarious and I really must tell you all (perhaps in an upcoming special blog for that purpose). The main point is, it seems to be a phrase that a lot of guys use on a trip to the dump.

So, Paul and I, having determined what is going and what isn’t, loaded up his ute and headed for the dump. We were greeted by this cross breed between Lurch from the Adams Family, and Sir Winston Churchill. It was rather interesting. His directions where, “Drive in, turn right, follow the road to the big hole”

“…the big hole”

As Paul and I began to joke about Sir Winston Lurch’s direction, we suddenly arrive at… well… a VERY VERY big hole in the ground. I wish I had my camera with me just because my words are not enough.

Anyway… we got back home and moved a giant stack of wood from the front of the house to the burn pile in the paddock in the back of the house. I finished clearing the area in front of “the Swamp” and added a bit to the fence to prevent the dogs from fighting with the ones next door.

Then, my energy having been exhausted, I washed my boots of Australian soil for the last time.

I was suppose to go to Griffith to party with the Estonians one last time, but I decided, “I’ve already said goodbye when I dropped them off at the hostel”, and it probably would be best to spend the remainder of my last full day with the family”. So, I stayed home and enjoyed some Chinese food with the family.

It almost does not seem real, like, I’m not really going.

It’s going to hit me like a brick tomorrow though, I can feel it.


P.S.
I have been an Eagle Scout for 7 years today

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe in free speech, but, come on people, let's display a proper level of Netiquette