Friday, May 21, 2010

Ignacio Anaya = My Hero

Ignacio “Nacho” Anaya was an employee of a small restaurant called “the Victory Club” in Piedras Negras, Mexico. One night in the early 1940’s after the kitchen had closed, a group of people came in extremely hungry asking for whatever he had available. Not knowing what else to do, he went into the kitchen, got some chips and melted some cheddar cheese on top and threw on some sliced Jalapenos. He then brought them out to the table and presented the dish as “Nacho’s Especiales” (Nacho’s special dish).

Your history lesson of the day complete… allow me to continue with my story.

So while I was in Australia, the Robin to my Batman finally got his driver’s license and decided to take a bit of an adventure to the north part of the county. After driving up and spending the night, Matt and I drive down to Santa Barbara where I reunited with many of my Santa Barbarian friends like Ryan.

Photobucket

We of course must follow tradition and go to Rose café on the Mesa.

Why go specifically there?

Because they have the BEST Nachos in Santa Barbara!

While enjoying the best Nachos in Santa Barbara (beef, beans, rice, cheese, and CILANTRO!) our friend Thomas informs us that today is his graduation. Being the good friend I am (and having nothing else to do and always being up for an adventure) I take the chance to spend some more time with my old friend (and of course visit with my favorite ex who happens to be his little sis)

Photobucket

After graduation, Matt and I visit our other old friend Gerard, the Lodge Chief who I served as Vice Lodge Chief to. Funny in hind sight looking at myself as “Vice Lodge Chief” to anyone after having been Lodge Chief myself for 2 years. Anyway, Matt, Tony, and I hung out with Gerard for a bit then headed back to Thomas’s house where Matt totally kicked our asses in Scrabble (beginners luck mind you) and Thomas was so kind as to give me a ride home.

Tomorrow: a day I have been looking forward to for quite awhile!

Hike to Lizard’s Mouth!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe in free speech, but, come on people, let's display a proper level of Netiquette