Friday, May 14, 2010

Life on the Streets: Day 2 – Part 5

Day: Thursday
Time: 1004
Location: Albion & Crown

Photobucket


Just after writing last entry, another homeless guy smiled at me first, then I go around the corner and down a bit and come across a Salvo shop. I figured I’d ask about other homeless shelters in the area, but I walk in, set my pack down and to the left of the counter…

HATS!

I take a look and find this God aweful looking snow beanie, I ask… $2!

I don’t think I can beat that. So I got it. I know I’m not REALLY poor. And I know I’m not REALLY homeless… but I in all honesty cannot put into words how I feel right now, I’m like shaking with excitement to have something I would never ever accept for free if I was back in Santa Maria. I’m going to go check out these other two shelters.

Photobucket


In other news…

I just saw the very first guy that reminded me of home. By the way, to fill you in…

On the walk from the harbor to shelter 1, I saw a woman that reminded me of Colleen G., I’ve been seeing all sort of women who reminded me of home, like Stacey, a couple different Deanna (and sister) girls at Darling Harbor last night, Jessica (again), but not once have I seen any one that remind me of Val, Phil, Luke, or Andrew. And I thought that was rather interesting how my longing for home has up until now, been manifesting itself in women.

I don’t know if this is Home calling, maybe Bill is praying for my right now cause I asked him to, OR if Bill’s identical person (we all have at least one) lives in Sydney, but I just looked up to smile at whoever was walking by, and I was smiling at Bill Cooper. BIG difference is, Sydney Bill is as predjudice as everyone else and also refused to acknowledge my existence.



------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Day: Thursday
Time: 1030
Location: Samuel & Campbell

Photobucket


Found “Estonian Culture Centre”.

Photobucket


I miss the guys…

Also!

My bad ankle just started acting up again… need to get off it ASAP, but want to find homeless shelter first.



------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Day: Thursday
Time: 1220
Location: Darling Harbor

Photobucket


Back in Darling Harbor. Had a foot long pizza sub from Subway. It was everything I ever hoped it would be since I first heard about it.

Could not find those other two shelters though. My ankle did not want me to I guess.

Considering original plan of Royal Garden.




------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Day: Thursday
Time: 1234
Location: Darling Harbor - Wharf 2

Photobucket


I just realized on my walk over here from the IMAX… I’ve been talking to myself a lot lately. And not just a lot, out loud!

I think it is the isolationism and wanting/the need to hear other people talk to us.

A famous emperor once had an expirament to see what the first language was. So he had a bunch of babies kept in a special nursery, run by nurses who would come in and feed them, but never speak to them. In a few weeks… all the babies where dead from the absence of communication.

Amazing the affect other people have in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe in free speech, but, come on people, let's display a proper level of Netiquette