Friday, May 14, 2010

Life on the Streets: Day 5 – Part 3

Day: Sunday
Time: 1133
Location: Opera House – West side facing The Rocks

Photobucket


Had another nap, which was nice and very much needed.

I don’t know what to do right now…

It’s weird, I have no drive to do anything. Yet there is so much left in my expirament to do. I need to just GO!

I think I’ll try to find this Church and see if they have any late services. If not, I’ll go buy some Top Ramen and go back to the Circular Quay or… I might go to the south side and try finding those other two shelters again. We’ll see where the wind takes me.



------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Day: Sunday
Time: 1227
Location: Forbes & William

Photobucket


I dropped off the hat that I found at the Navy base then started looking for the Baptist Church. I’m at Williams now and… I’m fairly confident it was North of this point.

Psh…

So like a Baptist church, make yourself invisiable when a poor person walks by.

I’m thinking I could spend more time in the south west portion of the Woolloomooloo district. And NO, not just for how fun a name it is. There is like a community center type thing there and also… I know it is a stereotype, but they do come from somewhere, “When the streets smell like piss, homeless people must be close”

My nose seems to think that there are homeless in that section.

I seem to not be fooling the real homeless, only the non ones. Some guy just asked me for $2 and I’m sitting on a street corner against a building. Once again… I think it’s the writing that might give it away.



------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Day: Sunday
Time: 1327
Location: Cowper Wharf Roadway – Park

Photobucket


Hey Val,

Remember when we were kids, and you made fun of the fact that I could eat Top Ramen raw as a snack, well, turns out I was just practicing for being homeless. I just bought 15 packets for $3.30. Spaced out that’s about one every three hours until the end of the experiment.

On the topic of this experiment, I’ve decided to go for a more honest approach. You see, while having lunch, I was getting really disappointed. The real homeless don’t seem to believe me and the non-homeless seem half and half about me. I figure I’ll use that and be a bit more honest.

Having reached this conclusion, there are parts to the original experiment which must be sacrificed, making it arguable how necessary the rest of the experiment is but my reply to that is:

#1 I have already made it 5 out of 7 days, what is another 2?

#2 I have always been one of those guys who believes God can use ANY situation for good. So, even if I don’t perfectly follow everything I wanted to exactly, I believe there will still be a number of valuable lessons to walk away from this with.

So here is my new angle:

Photobucket



Yes, I know I misspelled “experiment” but I did not realize it until after it was written.

I’ll see how long it takes to fill my can over the next two days.

I’m not sure I will leave Circular Quay for the rest of the experiment (Sorry Noona guys) although not technically part of the Quay, I’m including the Opera House in that.



------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Day: Sunday
Time: 1359
Location: New South Wales Library

Photobucket


Walking toward Circular Quay I cut through park adjoin Royal Botanical Gardens. I see 6 other homeless asleep near each other. I think I just answered my question of where do they wander at night and what do they do during the day?

I think we do the same thing!

I told you I shouldn’t give up.

Official end of Day 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe in free speech, but, come on people, let's display a proper level of Netiquette