Friday, May 14, 2010

Life on the Streets: Day 1 – Part 2

Day: Tuesday
Time: 1702
Location: Ferry on way to Parramatta
Photobucket

Photobucket


Slept fairly well until little baby son of a b!t(# started making noise like it was in a screamo band. I think ferries will be where I get most of my sleep.


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Day: Tuesday
Time: 1729
Location: Church & Victoria Rd.

Photobucket


Just used men’s toilet in Maccas. Sitting in park watching traffic. Must find container for change and get some cardboard for a sign. All I’ve eaten today where those chips at Noonas three hours ago, but if you take them away, I haven’t eaten in over 18 hours. I might lose those last 3 inches yet. Should start walking back to ferry and catch another nap while there is still some light out.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Day: Tueday
Time: 1746
Location: Parramatta ferry dock
Photobucket

Photobucket

Realized a few things on the walk back. Saw my shadow from some street lights. My new walk (with slouch) and facial expression I am using (calling upon my acting and knowledge of psychology) I realized, I fit the profile of a mugging victim. This has led me to decide I should walk normal and upright like my usual Alpha male self at dark hours and only slouch in busy daytime areas.

The other thing is… I am a terrible son. My Madre worked her ass off so that I never have to experience what it is I am attempting to experience. I realize how when she reads this, how offended she might feel. It would be bad enough if it was ONLY that, but ten include the fact that I not only have hidden things from all of you… I am directly lying to her. The woman who was solely responsible for my growth and development. Unlike that ingrateful asshole in “Into the Wild”, I love my Madre, I may have to once a day break from the expirament so that I can continue lying to her and piss her off by letting her know how much drunken fun I’m having with all the beautiful female backpackers I left behind at the Pink House. If I was in the cross right about now… probably be heading to Noonas to chat with Masar, Dafa, and Tony, then maybe pick up some cheap wine and exchange stories with Matthew and Laurence, and or hit on some English and German girls like Ana and Barbara, and the Argentineans of course.


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Day: Tuesday
Time: 1905
Location: Circular Quay Dock 5

Photobucket

Slept some more on ferry back from Parramatta. Planning to see wat is going on over at Darling Harbor, if there is enough night life to keep me awake all night. May have to put on jacket soon. Really hungry.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Day: Tuesday
Time: 1934
Location: Middle of Sydney Harbor just past Luna park

Photobucket

A few months ago, the Mitchells and I were watching the JAG episodes filmed in Sydney. In one scene Mic Brumby and Sarah McKenzie are on a ferry looking up at the sky at night. Mic points out the Southern Cross. My initial reaction was, “Bullshit! There are too many lights in the city.” However, you can in fact see all five of the Southern Cross stars… having just past the part of the harbor where the scene takes place. It makes me wish I was here under different circumstances and could show “Cuddy” the Southern Cross from the bow or upper stern deck of this ferry.

In other news, in an attempt to keep sanity, I still remember all the words to “Pirate Looks at 40” by Jimmy Buffett and I still amazingly remember almost all the verses to “American Pie”.

Just reached Darling Harbor, but decided to go on another ride due to my love of water, but also to try a night time panoramic.



------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Day: Tuesday
Time: 2047
Location: In front of IMAX Darling Harbor


Photobucket


There are SO many Asian girls here I could just pick one up and put her in my backpack and run away. This reminds me, I want to see what (if any) the statistic for rape committed by the homeless is. It is amazing how isolated one can feel completely surrounded by people. As I was walking down the boardwalk from the ferry to here, I passed several restaurants with open air patios. There were people talking and laughing and having a great time with all the music playing loudly. I know why businesses do this, it creates an inviting atmosphere to attract people. When you are alone with no money however, I personally felt like an outcast. There where various other restaurants that had glass walls to see inside but not be part of inside. I watched people dressed nicely, in cloths I would normally wear on a night out, with their friends enjoying food and wine. I could go for some wine, and food. I really should have spent some time begging today.

1 comment:

  1. aww thats so sweet (referring to the Cuddy part)

    ReplyDelete

I believe in free speech, but, come on people, let's display a proper level of Netiquette