Friday, May 14, 2010

Life on the Streets: Day 2 – Part 2

Day: Wednesday
Time: 2207
Location: Outside Aquarium

Photobucket


Not only have I not found more money, but I totally just walked up to two girls walking the other direction and said, “Hi Ana! Hi Katie!” Which would have been totally friendly and nice, if they in fact had been who I thought they were and not two random girls who werejust spoken to by a dirty dressed guy on the street. Maybe I just have beautiful Brits on my mind, at one point this morning I saw someone I could’ve sworn was Danielle J. Earlier I thought I saw Monique, but it turned out to be one of the other 2 million Asian girls who lives in Sydney.

Apparently, I’ve gone from regular homeless person, to crazy, “has trouble IDing people” homeless guy.




------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Day: Wednesday
Time: 2235
Location: Darling Harbor – Wharf 3

Photobucket


Considering taking last ferry back to Circular Quay and seeing what things are like there and maybe see what time the other homeless get there. Perhaps maybe even make contact, this is upon the assumption that I haven’t already missed the last ferry of course. Otherwise I’ll probably just stay here till about 3 am and walk through the city again.

Who knows.



------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Day: Wednesday
Time: 2319
Location: Circular Quay - between train station and Wharf 4

Photobucket


Back in the Quay. It is already pretty dead here compared to how Darling Harbor was same time last night. Probably because besides the Opera House and commute opportunities, tere is nothing here.

Initial scan of the area shows no money.

Two of the homeless people I saw last night are already asleep. I am sitting near them and where I saw one of the others sleeping last night. If he is a regular of the area, maybe he will come back to this spot. I do want to do a night time exploration of the harbor side of the Opera House.



------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Day: Wednesday
Time: 2333
Location: Circular Quay – Wharf 4

Am going on a ferry ride to Mosman Bay. Hoping to get some sleep before coming back to Circular Quay.



------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Day: Thursday
Time: 0021
Location: Circular Quay – between train station and Wharf 4


Back at Circular Quay sitting near homeless guys. Old woman still in her normal spot. Got a little bit of sleep on ferry. Going to walk down to harbor side of Opera House.



------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Day: Thursday
Time: 0106
Location: Opera House – front steps

Photobucket


Figured out angles for end of montage. Looked around Opera House and found potentially good place to sleep for a bit.



------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Day: Thursday
Time: 0115
Location: Opera House – under sail

Photobucket


So, I’m basically spooning with the Opera House.

Yes, that’s right… Many of you would still like to just see it and I know it so intimately I’m spooning with it. If you are going to spoon with a building… I don’t know if you can pick a better building to do so. I mean, the shells are already spooning each other right, so, what is one more?

I’m the little spoon, curled up in the fetal position for heat with my back pack as a pillow so I can guard it.

Anyway, the Bridge Lights just went out and I’m pretty sure the lights on the Opera House just did also.



------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Day: Thursday
Time: 0223
Location: Balcony at business

Photobucket


Woke up from spooning with Opera House.

It’s friggin freezing!!!

Need some way of keeping head heated. 40% of body heat escape through your head. 80% of THAT escapes through your ears. Popping my fleece collar and burying my head in it to keep as warm as possible worked for about an hour of descent sleep. Attempting same technique and position in new place. The difference is my entire body will be protected from the wind.



------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Day: Thursday
Time: 0333
Location: Balcony at Business

Photobucket


TOO cold!!!

Can barely move hands. Must find warmer spot.

Almost time subway starts up again.

2 comments:

  1. I told you to take a blanket!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I already gave myself enough advantages, a blanket would have been to much

    ReplyDelete

I believe in free speech, but, come on people, let's display a proper level of Netiquette