Friday, May 14, 2010

Life on the Streets: Day 6 – Part 2

Day: Sunday
Time: 1856
Location: Noonas

Photobucket


Box-o-chips.

Yumness.

I love chips at the best of times, but these taste amazing!

Might get a but to anywhere then take sub to Central to walk back to Circular Quay from there.



------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Day: Sunday
Time: 2130
Location: Pyrmont Bay Darling Harbor

Photobucket

Wow… did I almost just f^(k up big time!

Ya’ll missed, well, not much, but the gap in time might lead you to believe it was a lot.

I left Noonas and took a bus to the Quay, once there, I remembered I hadn’t been on a ferry like at all today. So I decided to get on the next one leaving Circular Quay. It of course would be to Darling Harbor. The place I said no more visiting. It is of course Mother’s Day and so I figured I’d get some good out of it and email my Madre and 2 Aussie Mums.

Toll count on my body. Several of you know about my Prolonged sleep disorder (diet cola insomnia, I get sleep, just not enough) and how it takes FOREVER for me to get to sleep on a regular night. Ya, well, I got in my seat on the ferry and was OUT before we had left the dock.

I opened my eyes and we were docking somewhere else, and all I could think was…

“What the hell just happened?!”

I am struggling to keep my eyes open when I sit in a bus, train, or ferry now that I have allowed my mind to associate them with safety. But even in the park bench this morning, I got situated and everything just right, and I might as well have been like I was gassed, “ready Mr. Belton? Close your eyes and backwards from a hundred… go.” “100, 90, 98, 97, ninety… ninety ses… ninety seeks… si… siii…” OUT

I always get excited when I get this exhausted hoping that it will stay and it never does. As soon as I get a new patter and schedule, my PSD kicks in.

Anywho…

So I finished emailing and go back to the experiment and I sit on the edge of the board walk, ok, here is the thing, while traveling at night, I’ve had my journal in my back pocket ready for notes. When I sat down, I took it out and set it next to me. When I opened my bag to put it away, I got distracted and drank water instead. So I walk all the way down to the dock for the ferry and try pulling my journal out to catch up, only to freak out because I left it back there.

Quite obviously I found it. But this whole week is a bit meaningless without it.

I need sleep.



------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Day: Sunday
Time: 2200
Location: Pyrmont Bay Darling Harbor

I’ve been waiting for something that isn’t going to happen. Damn weekend ferry schedule.



------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Day: Sunday
Time: 2240
Location: Pitt & Hay

Photobucket


Globalization: An American listening to conversations in French, German, Italian, in an Irish Pub, in Chinatown, in Sydney Australia.



------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Day: Sunday
Time: 2306
Location: Central Station

Photobucket


I only see two of the regulars by the front door that are normally there. I did however find five others sleeping on platforms 1 and 2. Some under the bench, some crunched up over their stuff.

I saw four in Chinatown, the only two that were awake though were in the middle of shooting up, so I decided to pass up that opportunity.

As a change in pace, tonight I will go north via Elizabeth to the park instead of Pitt.

ONWARD!



------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Day: Sunday
Time: 2321
Location: Eddy st. (Outside Central Station)

Found the one that looks like a Hagrid version of “Capt.” Dave. He is outside smoking.



------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Day: Sunday
Time: 2332
Location: Elizabeth & Goulbern

Photobucket


2 more outside in a café having coffee

1 passed me in tunnel

1 on bike with box wine in one hand (talented)

Nearly to park, taking break before all uphill section. Feet hate me right now.



------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Day: Sunday
Time: 2344
Location: South Hyde – Reflection Pool


Photobucket



From Golbern to and in South Hyde only 2

1 on Elizabeth outside building

1 in park on bench near museum station

South Hyde has a watchman on both the north and south side of the ANZAC memorial. Can’t really see any others, but due to feet, not wondering through park.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe in free speech, but, come on people, let's display a proper level of Netiquette